• SHOGUNSHOGUN100+ posts
  • NINJYANINJYA50+ posts
  • SAMURAISAMURAI20+ posts
  • KABUKIKABUKI10+ posts
  • GEISYAGEISYALess than 10 posts

Installation on shared hosting enviroment

+1 vote
Guys,

I am stumped as I can't seem to progress trough the installation process. I unzipped the entire package. When I go to the domain the installation screen doesn't start up. Am I doing something drastically wrong?
asked 2013-05-12 by robkhoo (150 points) KABUKIKABUKI

2 Answers

0 votes

Do you get any errors? Whats your directory structure like, and how is the hosting evironment shared? What URL are you using to access the installer?

If you are installing into a folder the installer url should be something like:

yoursite.com/folder_name/html/install/

answered 2013-05-12 by Jeemusu (690 points) KABUKIKABUKI
Hi Jeemusu.

I'll try to answer the questions.

I basically installed all the files that I downloaded from the zip and put them directly into the public html in the same structure.

The site name is "looksncooks" and I'm hosting on shared hosting - honstmontser. The html folder is directly under the domain instructure so http://looksncooks.com/html/install/ is what I'm accessing to try to install.

I feel like I'm doing something very wrong here....
It seems for some reason that I can't see the html folder for some reason. I have chmod 777 for it but it doesn't access
When I look at your site it shows a 500 Internal Server Error in the network tab in firebug/chrome developer tool. Do you have error reporting enabled on your server?
0 votes
Hello Robkhoo,

There could be a few issues here. First could you check your php error log and paste any related errors here?

For now, I would modify the config.php file located in xxx/data/config to see if you can get the paths working correctly.

Let me know if you still have any issues!

Thank you,

Mike
answered 2013-05-13 by EC Mike (6,360 points) SHOGUNSHOGUN
Mike,
there are no php error logs in the cpanel.
Also there is no config.php file in the config folder..... should there be??
Sorry Mike, I found some error logs...

[12-May-2013 03:09:16] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/../data/require_base.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/require.php on line 35
[12-May-2013 03:09:16] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/../data/require_base.php' (include_path=':.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/require.php on line 35
[12-May-2013 03:09:25] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/../data/require_base.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/require.php on line 35
[12-May-2013 03:09:25] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/../data/require_base.php' (include_path=':.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/require.php on line 35
Just to confirm, your domain root is:

/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/

And your file structure is:

/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/html/
/home1/nagoyajo/public_html/looksncooks/data/

I'm guessing that as you haven't installed yet, there will not be a config.php file in /data/config/ .
Jeemusu, you are correct. Sorry, if it is not installed yet, you will not have a config.php. Any chance you have "url rewriting" enabled  and/or using virtual directories? Try to connect to it directly via the sites IP address in your browser. If you can RDP into the box, see if you can reach it via localhost.
Hi Mike,

It seems hostmonster isn't a good choice for ec cube as I have found very few cases of people hosting on the platform and using the cart. I might move to a new host "Arvixe" as they are pre set up with ec cube as a default install. You know of them right?
Robkhoo. Looking at their shopping cart list, it does appear that it supports EC-CUBE.
Hi Mike,
I dont see this on their list.....
They have a page for EC-CUBE on their site:

http://www.arvixe.com/EC_CUBE_hosting

However we are trying to confirm the version number and if it is the Japanese or international edition right now
Mike sorry for the confusion.

Yes, arvixe does have support for EC CUBE. I am currently with "Hostmonster" which doesn't support the cart. What I meant is that because Hostmonster doesnt support EC CUBE I was considering moving to arvixe.
Mike, Is there an option to host with EC CUBE directly and not through a shared hosting environment? (Similar to what BigCommerce and Shopify offer?